- March 31, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Business
5 TIPS TO HELP IMPROVE BUSINESS GROWTH AND SALES
The progress of every small business is dependent on the volume sales the business makes. Without sales, a business cannot grow. Hence, it is important for small businesses to sort out ways they can improve their sales and attract more customers.
Let us discuss 5 tips that can be helpful to improve the sales of a business.
When you are done reading, kindly like, comment and share if you find it worthy
- LISTEN AND LEARN FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS You are definitely not the first person to start your kind of business, nevertheless, your customers chose you, therefore, there must be something about your business that makes your customers prefer you over your contemporaries. Hence, learning from your customers about why they enjoy patronizing your business could help you know about business uniqueness and how you can use it to improve your business.
Moreover, there are other customers who tried your services and were not satisfied with it, reaching out to these ones in order to learn about their dissatisfaction could also present areas you could use to improve your business.
For example, imagine you own a barbing salon in an environment where there are a lot of other salons like yours and you notice one new client, you could ask about his experience after you are done cutting his hair and encourage him to tell others about your salon. Action : As a business, devise a way to collect customers’ data like email addresses, phone numbers, reviews on your products and services and referrals from them.
- OBSERVE YOUR COMPETITORS Corporate espionage is a term that means spying on other businesses. It is not a crime if you are not going to steal or spoil. So find out the following; What makes your competitors better than you? Why do they have more clients than you do? Why would customers rather choose him over you? And other questions you can come up with depending on the type of services or products you are selling. Pondering over these questions helps you think about how you can improve your business by learning from your competitors. Like the example of the barbing salon, you can observe other salons around you to learn how you can improve, say the other salon provide entertainment for waiting clients, can you also provide that for your waiting clients so they do not feel bored while waiting for you to finish with another client. Action: Make a list of your competitors, discretely spy on their products and services and how they render their services and package their products and it constituents, then see how they are different from yours. This will help you improve.
- BE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR COMPETITORS Being different from competitors means to standout and be unique among your competitors. Think about it, what makes you different from other businesses like yours around you. For example, imagine you own a fashion store or a boutique. Now, what makes your boutique different from all the other boutiques around? Mind you, it is important to know that your business unique feature should be visible not just to existing customers but to potential customers as well, that is to say, your unique feature should be something everyone can see, probably when they first come across your boutique. Action: Make your service Unique. Add pecks/value, something valuable to your business that your competitors have not even added, it doesn’t have to be too much. A little slash in price, offering light refreshments, giving candies, devise different ways to respond to different customer queries.
- CONSISTENTLY ADVERTISE, PROMOTE AND MARKET Advertising your business creates awareness and attract a lot of potential customers. There are different means to advertise your business, one of which is through your customers’ satisfaction. Your customers always tend to talk about the unique satisfaction they derived from working with you. Nevertheless, it is important to encourage your customers to tell others about your business. However, other ways to advertise are through the media, billboard and through social media, it is important you apply visual contents to your adverts. Therefore, whichever of these means is convenient and suits your budget should be tried as placing adverts on the media can be quite expensive but effective. Engaging in promos as well is also a way to promote your business. For example, a billboard could be placed advertising the location of your boutique in a big marketplace. Plus, you could advertise your promo like, ‘buy two clothes and get a free shoe to match.’ However, do ensure your promo is something you can fulfil as that would be a plus to your business. Action: Adverts and Marketing do not need to be costly because social media has helped a lot. Just have a schedule of once or twice a week to tell people about your business
- LEARN FROM EXPERIENCED BUSINESSMEN To improve the growth of your business, it is important to build close relationships with experienced businessmen in order to learn from their experience by discussing with them. Their experience can help your small business to grow to become a big one.Do not make the mistake of seeking out those in the same line of business as you especially when they are not related. Action: Seek out a mentor, even if they are not in your line of business, the same principles mostly apply. You can also read a lot of practical books. What do you think about this article? Please like, comment and share.